This tutorial is about the How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC
While The Sims 4 is a reliable game, sometimes Sims 4 won’t open or launch. Sims 4 is a popular life simulation video game released in 2014. In this game, players control a Sim character and control different aspects of their life. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series here at IR Cache, we will cover the problem that Sims 4 won’t open or won’t start on Windows 10. According to users, The Sims 4 won’t always start if your computer isn’t updated. . Windows 10 is a reliable operating system, but some errors can cause problems like this.
If updates are available, they will download in the background. After installing the updates, check if the problem persists. After updating your system, make sure you have the latest patches installed for The Sims 4. To do this, right-click on The Sims 4 in Origin -> select Check for Updates. In addition to updating your system, it is important to update your graphics card drivers, which you can easily do with a third-party software tool. Sometimes third-party applications and services can interfere with your game and cause this or similar problems. If The Sims 4 won’t launch on your computer, try again. The restart will disable all third-party apps and services so it doesn’t affect your game.
Try to repair Sims 4
Whenever you encounter an issue where your game is not open or crashes frequently, then try to repair the game at source. Follow the steps below to repair Sims 4:
- Launch Sims 4.
- Then head over to your game library.
- After this, locate the Sims 4 game and right click on it to choose the Repair option.
Update your video card driver
Possibly outdated or faulty video card drivers are the main culprits for this problem. So, to fix the same problem, you can try updating outdated video drivers. You can update the drivers manually by visiting the PC manufacturer’s official support page or the video card manufacturer’s official support identifier.
But make sure you have adequate technical knowledge and plenty of time too. In case you are running out of time, or don’t have proper technical skills, you can use Bit Driver Updater to update video card drivers and fix Sims 4 opening problem. The tool automatically recognizes your PC and it will detect the latest or original drivers for it. This is how Bit Driver Updater works!
- Download Bit Driver Updater by clicking the download button below. Then, to complete the installation process, follow the instructions on the screen.
- After this, please wait for a moment until the scanning process is finished.
- Once the outdated drivers scan was done, it listed them.
- Check the list, then click the Update Now button displayed next to the drivers.
However, you can update all the faulty drivers with the free version. But, with the pro version of the tool, you can update all the outdated, broken or faulty drivers with just one click. For this, click on Update All option instead of Update Now. And that’s it, pass the time until the new updates are installed.
Restart the game
Sometimes the Sims 4 won’t open issues caused by faulty game files. Therefore, restarting the game will help you reload the game files. But before you start restarting the game, just keep in mind that restarting the game will automatically remove the houses in the game. So if you want, you can create a backup of the game first. Once the restart is done, you can restore the game through the backup. Getting back to the point, follow the steps below to restart the game.
- On your PC, open Documents, then Electronic Arts.
- Now, find the Sims 4 folder and right click on it to choose Remove from the list of options. If a confirmation box appears, click YES to confirm the deletion.
- Also delete the folder from your Recycle Bin.
- Restart your PC.
Update Windows operating system
Make sure your Windows is always up to date with the latest version of the operating system. An updated version of Windows adds new patches that make your game even more powerful and faster than ever. Here’s how to update Windows!
- Simultaneously, press Windows + X keys from your keyboard.
- Then a pop-up list of menu options, scroll down to select Settings from the menu.
- This will invoke the Settings window, now click on the Update & Security option.
- After this, choose Windows Update from the left panel menu and then click Check for updates option.
Update the game
The developer of this game releases new updates every month that include performance developments, bug fixes, and other new features. Therefore, always make sure to keep your game up to date to avoid launch or crash issues. In the current event, if your The Sims 4 game is out of date, then you will find that the Sims 4 will not initiate the problem. Therefore, please follow the steps below to update your game.
- Invoke the Origin client.
- Switch to the My games section.
- Navigate to The Sims 4 and right click on it.
- Now from the next pop-up list choose Check for update and click on it.
Reinstall the game
The complex behavior of the game prevents you from playing it accurately without interruptions. Therefore, sometimes updating the game cannot fix the problem, in that case, you need to reinstall the game and the source client. To uninstall the game, follow the steps shared below:
- Start source client
- Go to the My games section. Then right-click on The Sims 4.
- Then choose Uninstall from the menu list.
Final words: How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC
I hope you understand this article How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.