This tutorial is about the How to Fix ‘GWXUX has stopped working errors’ Issue in Windows PC. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix ‘GWXUX has stopped working errors’ Issue in Windows PC. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘GWXUX has stopped working errors’ Issue in Windows PC
The five dreaded words for a Windows server are usually: GWXUX no longer has a malfunction. It is a common and annoying mistake that can affect the proper functioning of your system. If you are one of the millions of users of the Windows operating system, you may be familiar with the gwxux.exe file. Gwxux.exe is an application that fixes compatibility issues on the system before it is ready for the update. It is also known as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). This is because it prompts users to update their system. Therefore, it can be determined that the problem with the gwxux.exe file is related to Windows updates.
Run the Win Update troubleshooter function
- Open Control Panel and search for Troubleshoot in the search bar at the top right, then click Troubleshoot.
- Then, in the left pane of the window, select Show all.
- Then, in the Fix computer problems list, select Windows Update.
- Follow the steps to complete the troubleshooting process.
- You may or may not be required to restart your computer. It all depends on what the Windows troubleshooter finds.
As mentioned above, it was incredibly controversial. Basically, it was adware that Microsoft installed on your computer without your knowledge. You would announce Win 10 and then download the operating system “just in case” you want to update.
Repair “GWXUX.exe has stopped working” by uninstalling it
- Click Start and type Control Panel.
- Choose Control Panel and in the search bar at the top right,
- Type Windows Updates, and then choose Show Installed Updates under Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed updates, find KB3035583 and double-click to uninstall it.
- After uninstalling, your PC should restart.
Edit the registry to repair the error message “GWXUX has stopped working”
Editing the registry may seem difficult, but it is not. The registry is just a database of settings that Windows uses to function properly.
If you want, you can back up the registry before making any changes by selecting File and Export.
Then you can use the Import function if there is a problem
- Type “Regedit” in the search box or in Cortana and select Registry Editor.
- Go to “Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Gwx”.
- Right-click on an empty space in the right pane and select New.
- Select the DWORD (32-bit) value and name it “DisableGwx”.
- Give it a value of 1 to activate it.
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
- You must reboot to apply the change you just made.
Use the task scheduler
Another simple way to solve the problem is to use the task scheduler.
To do so, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu and search for Task Scheduler.
- Search for Microsoft and then click Windows.
- After that, find Setup and GWX.
- Find both tasks in GWX and disable them.
- Restart the computer and check if the problem persists.
Perform a system restore
Another solution that many people in the Microsoft community use is to perform a System Restore.
This is one of the last remedies that you should do as it can mess up your files.
To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Back up your system files and other personal files.
- Go to the Start menu and run the rstrui program in the run window. Or you can do it by simply pressing the Windows key and typing rstrui.
- Wait for System Restore to finish and restart your computer.
Perform a virus and malware scan
We highly recommend that you run a virus scan of your computer, in case the GWXUX problem is caused by a virus. Sometimes viruses hide in the form of .exe files.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open your antivirus (Total Security 360, Windows Defender, or Avast Antivirus … or whatever other antivirus you use on your machine).
- Perform a full scan of your computer.
- Check for viruses while the scan is running.
- If you see any viruses, remove them immediately.
- Check regularly to be able to check for viruses.
Final words: How to Fix ‘GWXUX has stopped working errors’ Issue in Windows PC
I hope you understand this article How to Fix ‘GWXUX has stopped working errors’ Issue in Windows PC, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.